...

Disclosure

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Lip Monthly / Ipsy August Review

Lip Monthly:  August 2014

Lip Monthly is a monthly subscription service:  The cost is $10 a month and you receive 4-6 full sized lip related products, as well as one "non-lip" product a month.  If you would like to subscribe yourself to Lip Monthly, please click here.

So, I normally will do seperate pics for each item, but I just don't have the time or patience right now to do that for this bag.  It was a pretty decent bag.  The Pixi shadow stick was the most expensive offering in this month's bag, however I wasn't crazy about my shade.  It was a pretty brown with some shimmer, however I just don't do browns very well.  It's a hard color for me to pull off.

However, I was super thrilled with my lippy colors I received!  All were pretty pink shades! With $10 a month, it's still a pretty good deal if you LOVE lippy's.  It was a tad disappointing that three of the lipsticks were by City Color.  I wish that perhaps we would have had more diversified brands, but I'm pleased that at least they were all different forms of lippy's.

OVERALL RATING: 4 Stars  I was much happier with my $10 Lip Monthly bag, than I was my $10 Ipsy bag.  I only put my Pixi shadow stick on my swap board, so that says a lot about how happy I was with my overall products!!

IPSY:

Ipsy is a $10 a month beauty subscription service in which subscribers receive 5 deluxe (or so they say) sample and sometime full sized items.  Subscribers also get a uniquely designed Ipsy bag, designed solely for Ipsy users ONLY.  It's one of the best parts of the whole service.


 Since blogging, I never hardly do ANY Ipsy reviews, honestly because I'm usually so disappointed with my items and end up trading them for other items!  So, I never have them long enough or even think of taking pics of the whole bag to begin with!  The above pic is missing the Urban Decay Perversion Mascara sample (the ONE standout in my whole bag).  I ended up swapping the mascara for a Plushie sample instead!  So, didn't even keep the one item I would have liked out of the entire bag (MUCH preferred the Plushie liner, was stalking the swap boards for this liner!  Got two, but one was for a friend!)



No comments:

Post a Comment