...

Disclosure

Monday, August 11, 2014

August 2014 Birchbox




Birchbox August 2014 - 
    The Comeback Box...

Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription service $10/ monthly, that delivers high end skincare, hair, and beauty samples to your door!  They also have a great point system.  Users can leave feedback each month on their products sampled and receive up to 50 points each month. 100 points is the equivalent to $10!  So essentially, you can earn back half of the cost of the box each month, making it really only $5 per month.  I think of it as my beauty savings account (because I'm terrible at saving money)

So, I had some issues with Birchbox last month.  Despite having posted in June that I would never see myself cancelling, I was almost on the verge of doing just that the very NEXT day after I posted that comment.  However, I'm not going to go into the whole sorted situation.  If you would like to read about my hellish July Birchbox month, please view the post from July Birchbox!

MOVING ON

This month, users had several options to choose from.  We even had a WHOLE box you could choose.  However, I did not choose that option, because I had recently received that boxes "big get" as a prize (The Benefit They're Real Push-Up Liner).  I'm so glad I made the choice I did.

I chose the Laura Gellar Silver Sands cream shadow!  There's a site Evolution of a Foodie where you can see all of the possible box combinations and I was driving myself crazy looking at the site to try to figure out what my box was going to be.  However, the cream shadow was the only box that didn't seem to be updating!

I'm super pleased with the items in my box!!  The shampoo honestly doesn't smell all that wonderful (especially not next to the Beauty Protector), but it did seem to work well with my hair.  I haven't tried the conditioner as of yet, I have extremely fine hair and don't condition often, as my hair will make me look like a serial killer if I do!!

The Harvey Prince Ageless body cream lotion smell AHMAZING!  It really, really does.  My only complaint is that it is a tad bit on the itty bitty side.  Trust me, it appears larger in the photos!!

I haven't yet tried the NUGG mask nor the shadow, but I'm sure they are going to be hits.  I'm at least EXCITED about getting to try them!  That's the important part.

This was honestly my first Birchbox in which I was pleased with EVERYTHING I received!!

What was in your Birchbox??  Was it a hit or a miss?  If you haven't subscribed to Birchbox, I really urge you to give them a try!!

Thanks so much for checking my itty blog out!!  Hope you didn't fall asleep!

Until Next Time!

xoxo

Sassy Gal xx

No comments:

Post a Comment