...

Disclosure

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Starting Over: Progress

Baby Steps

So, when you've managed to dig a hole so big, it can feel like it's everything in your power to climb out of that hole.  You take two steps forward and get pushed back three steps.  The way a lot of systems are structured, it can really be difficult to climb out of a rut.

I've not had a good driver's license in probably more than five years.  It started with a ticket I didn't pay and just snowballed from there.  I was driving and didn't even know my license had been suspended until I was pulled over, so I got a "Driving with Suspended" ticket.  Well, I live in rural Alabama, not Urban New York where you can hop on a bus or a hail a taxi.  Driving here is not a luxury but a necessity.  

So, it's been extremely hard to survive without a driver's license.  This year knowing our taxes were coming, I had already planned on FINALLY paying off my last remaining tickets and getting my license reinstated.

However, I was told when I went to Tuscaloosa that by pleading guilty to driving with suspended would tack on another six months to my suspension.  I was completely devastated and overwhelmed by the news and was heartbroken.  

A Light At the END of the Tunnel...

Yesterday, I received a letter from the Department of Transportation stating that in order to be Reinstated I just needed to bring proof of taking care of two places I've already paid off!  So, another words I CAN finally, FINALLY get my driver's license.  

I cannot tell you how HUGE this is for us.  Finally, I can take my daughter places without fear!  It's such a huge weight off my shoulders.  

Progress on Living Situation...

So, sadly I've not had any luck on finding a new home.  We will think we have found  a place and either it gets snapped up or the deposit is an insane amount that we just can't afford it.  I know that there is a place for us and for now we've been fortunate that our landlords have been understanding, I just don't know how long I can appease them.

Hopefully things will fall into place for us and we will find the perfect home.  

Just taking things ONE step at a time....

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you're hanging in there! I grew up in south GA, so I definitely understand how important it is to be able to drive without fear. You have my thoughts & prayers as you continue to dig your way out of this! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerica Rotger SimsMarch 16, 2015 at 8:54 AM

    Everything has a way of working itself out, try to stress less! <3

    ReplyDelete