...

Disclosure

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Dr. Cool Excavate 3 REAL Gems Kit: Review


Dr. Cool Excavate Gems



Dr. Cool:  Excavate Gem Kit

Ok, so I have a ton of other stuff I really need to be reviewing right now, but I couldn't contain my excitement for this item!!

What It Is:

Discover With Dr. Cool has a variety of really neat items for kids where they can get their hands dirty.  Since my kids were itty bitty, I've always actively searched for toys that were both educational in nature as well as the kind that got them active and doing something.  The items that Dr. Cool has definitely fit that description.

This is a really neat set.  It contains this huge purple like crystal.  Inside there are three gems:  Quartz Crystal, Amethyst and a Tiger's Eye.  It also includes an activity book for the kids as well.  It contains like mazes, puzzles things of that nature.  It's really REALLY nicely made too, this isn't a cheapo product by ANY means!!  

Callie Gets Her Hands Dirty... And my bed...


 I was a little surprised at how much Callie enjoyed this!  I mean, I knew that I thought it was cool.  However, she's thirteen and so I NEVER know what she's going to like these days.  GOSH I mean, I dread Christmas because she's just at that age where I DO NOT know what to buy her !!

Discover With Dr. Cool: Excavate Gems (Tiger's Eye)
The Tiger's Eye is Just BARELY Visible...
So, when she came in and tore into this package (I usually stop my kids from touching items until I'm ready to review them!) I didn't want to even mess with fate, so I just let her go for it.  She really dug in and enjoyed it.  She was chipping away at that rock!!  She was so excited when she saw the shiny Tiger's Eye peeking out through the rock!

I wish that perhaps we would have taken this activity either to the kitchen table or outside, but I honestly was just happy she was doing something other than playing on her phone or computer!!  It really kept her attention for quite a long time!  I think it would have even been something that my 15 year old son would have enjoyed had he seen it first!  He likes doing stuff like this where you have ro use your hands!

More Pictures of Callie's Excavating Adventures:


Discover with Dr. Cool:  Excavating (Callie Concentrating)
She's Concentrating VERY Hard on this rock!!

Excacating REAL Gems with Discover with Dr. Cool
A REALLY fun Activity!

Dr. Cool Tiger's Eye

Callie playing with Dr. Cool Excacavating Kit
Callie 
Scientist Callie and her Discovery
A Scientist in the Making PERHAPS???

Another Pic of Tiger's Eye
Callie DIGGING some more!

Great Gift Idea

I chose this for the Holiday Gift Guide as a gift idea for kids.  The reason being, it's something that will get your kids active!  It's also educational, without it even seeming like it's educational.  It includes booklets that talk about gemstones, so they can learn while they have fun too!  I love items where kids can really work with their hands and also learn at the same time.  Your teaching your kids through play and that's the best way for anyone to learn is through active learning!

I really think this would be an appropriate gift for kids of just about all ages!  Of course, if you have younger kids, you might have to help them out some, but otherwise I think just about any age group would love this!  It's a toy that's gender neutral!  So, boys OR girls can enjoy getting their hands dirty!!

My OVERALL Thoughts

I LOVE it!  I wish I could have MORE of Dr. Cool's items!  I was so happy when I saw how much fun Callie was having with this!  It's not expensive either!!  It's like $11.99, which is very affordable!  So, if you are like me and have to shop on a budget, this is a fabulous option!  The quality was so surprising to me.  These are high gloss thick pages in the books that come inside!  It's a toy but also a learning experience!  You just can't beat that!!

CONNECT & Purchase with Dr. Cool






I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment